The goal of the SmartFusionCore Application is to provide clients with a pre-configured set of capabilities that blends Microsoft’s collaboration tools such as SharePoint with ESRI’s Geographic Information System (GIS). It serves a template where data from multiple sources can be displayed and analyzed.
High Level Architecture
SmartFusionCore is designed as an interoperable solution that feeds data smoothly from multiple sources to analyze and disseminate intelligent information in a multiple-agency, multilevel environment. This solution also integrates with existing assets and domain-specific applications to provide:
- Consolidated views of intelligent data - Enables collection, intake, workflow management, collaborative analysis, dis
semination, auditing, and the capture of business performance metrics with a consistent user interface across multiple
- Easy sharing of data among business analysts - A collaborative environment facilitates reliable information exchange,
both internally and externally.
- Granular data access control - Access to networks, systems, and information is better controlled and monitored; sup
ports multiple information access eligibilities of government agencies and private sector entities.
- Reduced manual processes - Emulates and improves the ways organizations perform work, and magnifies personnel productivity.
- Rapid deployment capability - Offers guidance, best practices, and a technology road map to assist in planning.
- Adaptable and interoperable - Offers flexible adaptation to new missions and unforeseen operational challenges;
defined integration points can be used for localization.
SmartGeoEAM is a solution that improves the efficiency of clients' Enterprise Asset and Work Order Management business processes by spatially enabling them through the integration of their SAP and ESRI systems. SmartGeoEAM ensures that clients' SAP and ESRI systems work in tandem, and complement each other leveraging the strengths of both the systems for complex enterprise asset and work management operations.
SmartGeoEAM is built using technologies from industry leaders, SAP and ESRI. It integrates SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) Based Asset Management System with ESRI’s ArcGIS Server Based Geographic Information Systems to provide a geographic interface to enterprise Asset Management (EAM) operations. SmartGeoEAM solution consists of two modules - Asset Data Management and Work Management that help clients manage their asset data and the work performed on the assets.
High Level Architecture
There are two main modules in SmartGeoEAM:
- Data Management
- Work Management Module
Both modules contain a presentation tier with user interfaces, a middleware (integration framework) and base systems (SAP and ESRI GIS).
The Asset Data Management module assists in populating the SAP and ESRI systems with asset and work management data and keeping it synchronized. Data maintenance activities performed on the geodatabase are transmitted and replicated to the SAP system while changes made on the SAP system are transported back to the geodatabase.
The Work Management module facilitates the management of all work order management
operations such as query, view, create and update via a map interface. Notifications or Work Orders created in SAP PM are displayed at the location of the equipment, where they are created, and allow users to update their status.
SmartGeoEAM provides a cost effective solution for Asset Management and user-friendly UI to do their day-to-day operations.
- As it is difficult to maintain assets in the GIS and SAP systems, the main role of SmartGeoEAM is to synchronize and
keep them updated.
- From a single UI application to maintaining the entire asset, both the systems are taken care of by the Work Manage
- SmartGeoEAM Integration framework integrates ESRI GIS technologies with SAP ERP to service the needs of clients seeking to improve user productivity and operational efficiency in their asset management operations.
- Typical industries that SmartGeoEAM solution will address are Public Works and Utilities. Customers in these asset intensive industries usually have several thousands of assets in SAP system, spread over large geographical areas. Synchronization of these assets is handled by the Data Management Module.
- Map-based, user-friendly interface Flex UI to seamlessly access ESRI and SAP systems
- Most common Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) transactions between both the GIS and SAP systems can be carried out from a single UI.
- Mobile Functionality can be extended using the same SmartGeoEAM Integration framework.